Prism is proud to be part of a broad and diverse LGBTQ+ community. Within our local area there are a number of other organisations and groups which serve the needs of that community and are well-worth checking out.
Coventry Pride help to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues by promoting and staging events, taking part in campaigning and participating in commentary within the media, and providing support to other LGBT+ charities and voluntary organisations. They also promote the provision of information, advice and support that celebrate LGBT+ lives and history. They aim for Coventry to be a place where everybody knows that the diversity offered by the LGBT+ community is something to be celebrated and in which LGBT+ people can feel safe, welcomed and accepted.
Some of the services they provide include:
- Coffee Mornings – Monthly social gathering at The Yard for all members of the LGBTQ+ community
- Spectrum – Social group for 18-30 year-olds which meets every two weeks
- YANA (You Are Not Alone) – Monthly social gathering for members of the transgender community
- Out In The UK – Support group for LGBTQ+ refugees and asylum-seekers which meets every two weeks.
University & College LGBTQ+ Groups
Other LGBTQ+ Groups
- Coventry Corsairs RFC – Coventry’s LGBTQ+ inclusive rugby club which trains on Tuesday & Thursday each week.